Three years ago, the producers from Starz asked the trainers from Men's Health to create a workout that would be worthy of the name Spartacus, which is the name of the networks's original series. The task was fulfilled by Rachel Cosgrove, CSCS, an Ironman triathlete and 2012 personal trainer of the year. The workout soon became the most popular routine in the history of Men's Health magazine.
Buy the Spartacus workout DVDs right now:
This year, in 2015, Cosgrove made a new version of the Spartacus workout the is called The Triple Set Scorcher. And even though both versions are pretty demanding and some might say that they are made for men, Rachel Cosgrove couldn't disagree more. In a recent interview she said the 70% of her clients that use this routine are women. "Our girls tell me over and over again how much they love it because it's both challenging and fun," says Cosgrove. "And they've seen firsthand how effective it is for making their bodies healthier and fitter."
The new program uses triple sets to fire up the metabolism and melt the fat at a blistering pace. Here are some directions that might help you understand this workout better:
• perform the workout 3 days a week with a day of rest between each session.
• for each exercise you will make as many reps as you can in 40 seconds and take a break of 20 seconds.
• start with Triple Set 1, performing one set of each exercise is succession.
• rest for 60 seconds after you complete all three exercises in the triple set, and do them all a second time.
• next, repeat this procedure with the Triple Sets 2 and 3.
Here are three YouTube videos that are going to help you with your Spartacus workout.