Having an easy digestion is something that we all want, but many people suffer from this problem. One of the side effects of a bad digestion is bloating, that is not only very unpleasant but also makes your body look not very nice. Sometimes, bloating is just a passing problem, but if it persists, than you should see a doctor, because many other health issues hide behind a simple bloating like irritable bowel or ovarian cancer. If you can exclude the serious medical problems, than you should think more about what can you do to have a better digestion. Exercising is one of the solutions that can relieve the symptoms, and that's why we want to show you 5 yoga exercises that will help you with different problems related with the digestive system.
1. The first position that you have to try is called Apanasana and consists in raising your knees to the chest while lying down on your back. Keep your knees with your hands and sway from side to side, focusing on stretching all the muscles. Remain motionless for 5 inspirations and 5 exhalations, then stretch your legs for a few seconds and repeat the process. This will help you a lot when you are bloated.
2. Lie on your back on a mat, keeping your knees to your chest, breathe and keep your feet easily bent to the left. Then, turn your head to the right and stretch your hands to the side. Stay in this position while 5-10 inspiration-exhalation cycles and then repeat the movement, but reversing the inclination of the head and knees.
3. Setu Bandha Sarvangasana or simply, the bridge positions will not only relieve bloating, but will also help with the blood circulation. For this position, you should lie down on a mat and bend your knees. Hands must stay on the sides, and the torso and thighs should be lifted, while supporting your body on the arms and shoulder blades.
4. For the fourth exercise for an easy digestion you start everything from the sitting position. Keep your legs extended, then bend your right leg, passing it over the left. The right elbow must rest on the side of your left knee. Remain like this for 5 cycles of inspiration-exhalation, trying to stretch your muscles as much as possible. Then change the leg, hand and body orientation, repeating the process. For this exercise to work, you must do it in series of 5-8 repetitions.
5. You ate too much and cramps are bothering you? Here is a great exercise. Sit with your legs bent beneath your rear, sit slightly tilted back, hands on your knees and stretch your muscles as much as possible. Remain like this for 10 seconds, then relax and repeat. After a series of 8-10 repetitions, you'll feel much better.