Between breakfast and lunch, around 11 o'clock, it's the perfect time to eat a snack. But what to eat? Well, we want to give you 5 very healthy options to choose from. They are not only delicious, but they will keep the hunger away.
1. Dark chocolate: a small portion of 5 or 6 squares will give you the energy you need without making your blood sugar levels rise too much, and you will feel better in no time. Also it is a great help for those times when you need to study or work hard because it increases the power of concentration.
2. Almonds: give up those unhealthy snacks in favor of the delicious and healthy almonds. You can eat approximately 50 grams (about 10 pieces) and to absorb the nutrients better, take your time with the chewing.
3. Bananas: these delicious yellow fruits are very nourishing and low on calories (a banana has under 100 calories). You can also eat bananas in the morning because they are a good source of potassium, they are nourishing and they satisfy the need for something sweet. But if you would like to try another fruit, you can opt for a mango, a pear or three plums.
4. Puffed rice: you can find this food in any store and we must say that is a great choice when it comes to a healthy snack. These simple carbohydrates stimulates the secretion of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that makes us feel good and inhibits the appetite. Eat two pieces (about 30 grams).
5. Yogurt: is the perfect diet snack, especially if you choose one that has no or very few fat. Not only the caloric intake is minimal but you will also eat a healthy meal.