The safest and quickest way to get rid of toxins in a natural way and to lose some pounds is to eat, for a while, only one type of food or from just one food group. And that's exactly what you can do if you keep the mono diet. This is one of those diets that you can not keep more than one week (3 to 5 days is enough) but the result is great. So here is everything you need to know about the mono diet.
The mono diet menu
• Monday: vegetable juice - put fresh vegetables in a juicer and drink this all day long.
• Tuesday: salad of raw or steamed vegetables.
• Wednesday: drink only fruit juice.
• Thursday: treat yourself to your favorite fruits - grapes, apples, and dried fruit (raisins, dates, etc.). There's no problem if you choose to eat only apples for breakfast and mango for dinner.
• Friday: dedicate this day only eat oily fruits like almonds, walnuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds etc.
• Saturday: eat cereals - brown rice, oats, rye, quinoa. They have strong detoxifying qualities, regulate the digestion and help maintain healthy colon.
Advantages of the mono diet
• It's simple and gentle on the digestion and is absorbed immediately and thus highly nutritious. Until you get into rhythm, you might feel a bit drowsy, but it does not take long and you will start feeling good.
• Because the body does not lose much energy to digest, it remains sufficient to get rid of waste (clean internal organs, clears the blood), and this leads to weight loss (digestion consumes a lot of valuable energy and that is why you feel tired after a rich meal).
• You can not exaggerate and gobble up consuming a single food, because the taste will change for the worse in time (the best example is the avocado). You can eat only ten bananas a day or you can add them in a large salad with mango, grapes or apples.
• Keeping this diet will spare you a lot of time.It doesn't take much to go shopping, you will not waste time in the kitchen and in the morning, for example, you can cut the fruits and vegetables in no time and put the in the juice.
• Even if you eat a lot of fruits you will feel light as a feather, without being constrained by calculating calories.
• Some people take years to realize what foods they are allergic to. This diet comes to enlighten you on the spot - if you choose a single food (fruit), not a category of food (fruit salad), you know exactly what you did wrong.
Disadvantages of the mono diet
• A few days of dieting invigorates the body's internal cleansing, but nutritionists are reserved about lightning diets, especially if followed long term.
• If you're used to a sophisticated meal, cooked from several ingredients, the idea of eating only pineapple for breakfast may seem boring.
• If you do not maintain your healthy lifestyle after you finish the diet, the pounds might return.
• Although vegetables are a source of carbohydrates and protein, if kept more than one week, the diet deprives you of the diversity of other nutrients.
Why should you keep a mono diet
1. To get rid of the toxins in your body.
2. To get rid of those extra pounds.
3. To get back your energy and happiness.
4. To get rid of the pain you feel in various parts of your body.